Loosely, "even more so" or "with even stronger reason". Often used to lead from a less certain proposition to a more evident corollary. It is unwise to invest in pyramid schemes, and, a fortiori, in e-mail pyramid schemes.

Thursday 1 March 2007

cor ad cor loquitur

"I have an assigned territory," she said, "for the series of books which are designed to give parents the answers to questions that children will want to know. The books are so cleverly arranged that there is really no age limit. Not only are the answers listed to questions which will be asked by the very young, but there is information which even the adult..."

She broke off with a quick laugh. "I'm sorry, Mr Mason, but I've repeated this so many times that when I start on it just can't seem to stop and condense. I'm giving you what is known in the trade as "the canned approach' - anyway, you get the idea."

(Gwynn Elston, from Erle Stanley Gardner "Perry Mason solves the case of the Bigamous Spouse)

Maria Antonia Josefa Johanna von Habsburg-Lothringen

quid nunc

My photo
my birth was a product of tourism and diplomacy.